5.00" x 5.00"
127mm x 127mm
The 3/4 Fortress Cube bundle is designed for those that want to maximize their Crystal Fortress® options by offering both Orca and Humpback sized Cases.
When combining the 1/4 and 3/4 Fortress Cube bundles together, Crystal Fortress takes no responsibility for customer dizzyness, blacking out, uncontrollable crying, exuberant high fist punching, spontaneous phantom fanfare, and/or lock jaw from the most epic "WOW" you have ever uttered. Please combine at your own risk!
• Humpback Cases come with center handles for easy carrying; Handle is able to be removed when extra space is needed.
• Maximum troop capacity 175 miniatures (25mm based). 70 miniatures per Humpback Case, and 35 miniatures per Orca Case.
• Patented connection system requires no glue and allows for easy assembly.
• Professional grade LuciteLux® acrylic offers brilliant clarity to showcase your miniatures.
• Acrylic parts protected by clear film to ensure quality. Film must be removed before use.
• Outstanding resistance to the damaging effects of sunlight will protect your miniatures.
• 100% modular and stackable design works flawlessly with all other Crystal Fortress® Cases, Covers, & Storage Pods.
• Transport box can be used as a light-travel carrying case with installation of Transport Strap (sold separately).
• Microfiber cloth supplied for easy-clean maintenance.
• Crystal Shards Replacement Policy protects your investment; Replace a broken or scratched part for the manufactured cost of the part & shipping.
• Two Medium Layout Layers (recommended).
• One Medium Layout Layer; two Small Layout Layers. *
• Four Small Layout Layers.*
• One Medium Layout Layer (recommended).
• Two Small Layout Layer.
* Center handle installation required.
Package contains Locking Balls and Case Pads needed for assembly. All cases are packaged in retail boxes. Layout Layers, Troop Magnets and Targets sold separately.
5.00" x 5.00"
127mm x 127mm
5.63" x 5.63"
143mm x 143mm
10.63" x 5.00"
270mm x 127mm
11.25" x 5.63"
286mm x 143mm
10.63" x 10.63"
270mm x 270mm
11.25" x 11.25"
286mm x 286mm
See the SIZE GUIDE for more details.
• Acrylic panels for case assembly.
• Silicone balls for patented connection system.
• Silicone pads for anti-skid cushioning.
• Microfiber cleaning cloth.
• Assembly instructions.
The Humpback Retail Box has pre-cut slots that can be used with a Transport Strap to create a carrying case able to hold a maximum of 11 inch units* worth of Cases & Covers.
* Two 4" Humpback Cases + one 2" Humpback Case + 1" Humpback Cover = 11 inch unit Crystal Fortress
⚠WARNING: CRYSTAL FORTRESS® PRODUCTS SHOULD BE KEPT OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN UNDER 36 MONTHS AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE ASSEMBLED OR USED BY CHILDREN UNDER 12. THIS ITEM PRESENTS A CHOKING HAZARD DUE TO SMALL PARTS AND SHARP-EDGED COMPONENTS. HANDLE WITH CARE AND FULLY FOLLOW ALL ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS. CRYSTAL FORTRESS PRODUCTS, ACCESSORIES AND PARTS SHOULD NOT BE RE-FABRICATED, MODIFIED OR ALTERED. DOING SO WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND MAY CREATE DUST WHICH COULD BE HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH. CRYSTAL FORTRESS® IS A MODULAR DISPLAY CASE SYSTEM DESIGNED FOR COLLECTORS TO DISPLAY AND STORE MINIATURES AND SMALL LIGHTWEIGHT GAMING COMPONENTS ONLY. OTHER ITEMS SHOULD NOT BE STORED IN CRYSTAL FORTRESS® PRODUCTS INCLUDING HARDWARE OR SMALL PARTS FOR CHILDREN’S TOYS. DO NOT STACK CRYSTAL FORTRESS® PRODUCTS GREATER THAN 17.5 INCHES HIGH. JRI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY GOODS DAMAGED WHILE STORED IN A CRYSTAL FORTRESS® PRODUCT. THIS PRODUCT MAY EXPOSE YOU TO CHEMICALS, WHICH ARE KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER, AND BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM. FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO WWW.P65WARNING.CA.GOV.
Let me start off by saying that these things absolutely SHOULD deserve a five star rating, but a small mistake can make this not as enjoyable.
While assembling the first Humpback Case I followed the online instructions but found it difficult to insert the silicone balls. I realized I made the mistake of not peeling the protective plastic off the bottom of the case. By the point I realized this I was already done with the case. So I attempted to remove the silicone balls to peel it off. In doing this I struggled to get the balls out just as much as when I inserted them. I knew if I continued this it would snap a part of the case, and I did. It was only AFTER this I realized that the silicone balls need to be inserted in a certain direction. This is not indicated by the instruction paper or online video, but does seem to be indicated by the case's themselves. HOWEVER these indicators are extremely faint engravings that I struggle to see.
This was the only issue I came into and once I realized how the balls should inserted it was smooth sailing from there. AGAIN this was a mistake on my part but something that can easily be fixed by adding additional text on the instructions or online videos. If these were already included I would have never had this issue. But even after the case had a snap I can tell it's a nonissue. The case has so many other firm connections I know it won't fail me and I feel absolutely certain it'll keep my minis safe and secure. Add that warning about which direction the silicone balls should be inserted and it's a perfect product. Even as is I'm happy to recommend this to others.
Picture of the snap attached.
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it :)
Sorry to hear about the broken part. Please reach out to us and we will make sure you get a new panel!
The acrylic these cases are made out of is really some of the clearest I've ever seen and had no blemishes or imperfections. It's carefully (and nicely) packaged for shipping, which is good because it's the sort of thing that could get damaged very easily if less care was taken. Assembly is relatively slow to do right, but the process is straightforward and the silicone locking balls, despite some initial skepticism on my part, seem to hold everything in place tightly.
The modularity is REALLY cool. Orca cases fit neatly on top of humpback cases. Covers do not interfere with stackability. Thanks to the anti-skid pads and the way the cases are designed, stacked cases feel incredibly secure. I wouldn't stack them 20 high, nor would I test this stability at a 45-degree angle, but I have no doubt that a reasonable setup would stay intact with kids running around the house and/or small earthquakes.
It is obvious (and the website also makes this clear) that this is a DISPLAY case. If you need to check your army as baggage on a flight... use something else. My guess is that one good drop would break the case, although it would probably protect the models fairly well that one time. It is definitely not for harsh or abusive environments but, as a display/light-duty protection/dust solution it is hands-down the best I've ever seen in terms of hobby usefulness, design, quality, and looks.
I ordered a couple layout layers as well and love them. It seems like such a simple concept and I'm frankly amazed nothing like this existed 20 years ago, but I'm glad it does now.
As with anything that involves working with acrylic sheet, the biggest pieces of advice I have are:
1. Do NOT drop panels while assembling. I didn't drop any panels from this set, but I've done it with other things and acrylic doesn't handle impact with wood or tile floors very well.
2. Apply pressure evenly. I worked each panel into place over the locking balls in several steps, starting from the inside and working my way out. Acrylic sheet has a bit of flex in it, but when it snaps it does so very suddenly.
3. Schedule your manicure for AFTER your build day. Taking the protective film off acrylic always makes at least one of your thumbnails look pretty rough (if there's a tool for this, I haven't found it).
4. Speaking from experience, when you install your layout layers, wipe the bottom of the layer and the case itself, then QUICKLY put the layer in. If you break for lunch and a stray dog hair gets underneath the unsecured layout layer and you don't notice it, you have to take the case apart to get it out. On the plus side, I'm confident that, once assembled, it will be difficult for stray dog hairs to work their way under the layers.
Thank you so much for your very informative review! This is some great information for our future customers to glean from!
It’s a great option for storing my minis. Exactly what I was looking for, kinda like a mini mobile detolf.
But I ended up snapping a panel during assembly, everything still fits together and works. But a word of warning to any heavy handed assemblers.
Its amazing to see your miniatures displayed, showing my grey knights the respect the deserve. But.. my transport strap snapped on me and my fortress cracked in many places.... 😢
The Humpback Fortress Cube will create a huge cube of Crystal Fortress® goodness that is perfect for those that want to display, protect, and store their favorite large army. Let in The Light & Give Your Miniatures the Respect They...View full product details
The 1/4 Fortress Cube bundle is perfect for those just getting started with Crystal Fortress®, as a gift for a special somebody, or to display your small Warhammer Warband, X-Wing miniatures, or any squad based game. A options by offering both Beluga...View full product details