Showcase your miniatures and perfectly space them out with Layout Layers. Designed to give each miniature it's own space to stand tall and proud! Long gone are the days of hiding your minis in dark foam trays. Crystal Fortress® lets the light in to showcase your little works of art!
Layout Layers can be installed in Crystal Fortress Cases, or Covers. Throw in some Troop Magnets & Troop Targets to securely hold your miniatures in place, and instantly ramp up the intimidation factor as you watch your opponents run in fear!
• Warhammer 40K / 30K / Age of Sigmar
• Shadespire / Kill Teams
• Kingdom Death
• Warmachine / Hordes
• Shadows of Brimstone
• Professional grade LuciteLux® acrylic offers brilliant clarity to showcase your miniatures.
• Acrylic parts protected by clear film to ensure quality. Film must be removed before use.
• Outstanding resistance to the damaging effects of sunlight will protect your miniatures.
• 100% modular works flawlessly with all other Crystal Fortress® Cases, Covers.
• Crystal Shards Replacement Policy policy protects your investment; Replace a broken or scratched part for the manufactured cost of the part & shipping.
• Beluga: One Small Layout Layer.
• Orca: One medium Layout Layer.
• Humpback: Two medium Layout Layers.
(two Small Layout Layers can be used in place of a medium in all applicable cases)
• Layout Layer
⚠WARNING: CRYSTAL FORTRESS® PRODUCTS SHOULD BE KEPT OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN UNDER 36 MONTHS AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE ASSEMBLED OR USED BY CHILDREN UNDER 12. THIS ITEM PRESENTS A CHOKING HAZARD DUE TO SMALL PARTS AND SHARP-EDGED COMPONENTS. HANDLE WITH CARE AND FULLY FOLLOW ALL ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS. CRYSTAL FORTRESS PRODUCTS, ACCESSORIES AND PARTS SHOULD NOT BE RE-FABRICATED, MODIFIED OR ALTERED. DOING SO WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND MAY CREATE DUST WHICH COULD BE HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH. CRYSTAL FORTRESS® IS A MODULAR DISPLAY CASE SYSTEM DESIGNED FOR COLLECTORS TO DISPLAY AND STORE MINIATURES AND SMALL LIGHTWEIGHT GAMING COMPONENTS ONLY. OTHER ITEMS SHOULD NOT BE STORED IN CRYSTAL FORTRESS® PRODUCTS INCLUDING HARDWARE OR SMALL PARTS FOR CHILDREN’S TOYS. DO NOT STACK CRYSTAL FORTRESS® PRODUCTS GREATER THAN 17.5 INCHES HIGH. JRI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY GOODS DAMAGED WHILE STORED IN A CRYSTAL FORTRESS® PRODUCT. THIS PRODUCT MAY EXPOSE YOU TO CHEMICALS, WHICH ARE KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER, AND BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM. FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO WWW.P65WARNING.CA.GOV.
Choose Cases for the best protection & the most options for your Crystal Fortress®.
Choose Covers for our Tournament Play option, which allows players quick and easy access to their miniatures.Display Cases
Layout Layers protect your miniatures paint job by perfectly spacing them out, which prevents scratching & chipping.Tournament Play
Be sure to print out our Miniature Base Size Checklist from the Size Guide to check and see if your miniatures base will fit our Layout Layers.
As long as you can see the printed black line around the edge of your miniatures base, you are set! We have built in tolerances that allow for some wiggle room.
If your model completely covers the black line, it may be very tight, or not fit our Layout Layers.Size Guide
• Sixteen (16) - 25mm round base Recommended Game System • Warhammer 40K / 30K / Age of Sigmar • Shadespire / Kill Teams • InfinityView full product details
• Sixteen (16) - 25mm round base Recommended Game System • Warhammer 40K / 30K / Age of Sigmar • Shadespire / Kill Teams • Kingdom Death • Warmachine / Hordes • Shadows of BrimstoneView full product details
• Five (5) - 40mm round base Recommended Game System • Warhammer 40K / 30K / Age of Sigmar • Shadespire / Kill Teams • Warmachine / Hordes • Adeptus Titanicus • Infinity • Shadows of BrimstoneView full product details
i think it looks nice and is good for storing minis, the building process is kind of confusing because it looks like the orientation does not matter, but they do, ive figured out that the see through balls go on easier one way then the other and there is a right side and a wrong side when attaching the side of the walls to the base. so if there is a significant amount of resistance putting the balls on or sticking the walls on the base then you probably should try the other side. also once put together its really hard to get them apart without breaking them, i broke a few walls, a base, and a cover trying to get these apart so i can put the trays in. so before you build one do your research and find out what size bases you have so you can get the correct trays, how many trays you need, how many lids you need, how tall of lids do you need. and buy them all at once before you build a single one. the instructions are not really clear and are too simplistic for something so easily broken. plastic covers that cover all of the walls, bases, exc... is also really hard to get off, i just used a body knife to poke a hole in it and to peel it up with the side of the knife, though id recommend doing it on the lower corner where its least noticeable due to a possibility of scratching the Acrylic. though when its all together, they look really great
The problem I have with most storage solutions is that the models can get way too close and bump eachother. This solves that issue by keeping a decent amount of space between each model. If you're like me and you collect sisters or any other army with dynamically posed units that hang over the base, this is a must buy.
This is just what I wanted for using with Kill Team.
These trays are excellent for organization and extra security. My Horus Heresy armies are always feeling safe when being transported to fight for the Emperor or for Horus.
Honestly. If you're buying a crystal fortress, you need the layout layers. I will note, when I was figuring out which size to get, I was afraid that the hole in the layout would need to be larger than the base size, but i have a 32mm base that can go into and out of the 32mm layout layer smoothly and easily.