Showcase your miniatures and perfectly space them out with Layout Layers. Designed to give each miniature it's own space to stand tall and proud! Long gone are the days of hiding your minis in dark foam trays. Crystal Fortress® lets the light in to showcase your little works of art!
Layout Layers can be installed in Crystal Fortress Cases, or Covers. Throw in some Troop Magnets & Troop Targets to securely hold your miniatures in place, and instantly ramp up the intimidation factor as you watch your opponents run in fear!
• Warhammer 40K / 30K / Age of Sigmar
• Shadespire / Kill Teams
• Kingdom Death
• Warmachine / Hordes
• Shadows of Brimstone
• Professional grade LuciteLux® acrylic offers brilliant clarity to showcase your miniatures.
• Acrylic parts protected by clear film to ensure quality. Film must be removed before use.
• Outstanding resistance to the damaging effects of sunlight will protect your miniatures.
• 100% modular works flawlessly with all other Crystal Fortress® Cases, Covers.
• Crystal Shards Replacement Policy policy protects your investment; Replace a broken or scratched part for the manufactured cost of the part & shipping.
• Beluga: One Small Layout Layer.
• Orca: One medium Layout Layer.
• Humpback: Two medium Layout Layers.
(two Small Layout Layers can be used in place of a medium in all applicable cases)
• Layout Layer
⚠WARNING: CRYSTAL FORTRESS® PRODUCTS SHOULD BE KEPT OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN UNDER 36 MONTHS AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE ASSEMBLED OR USED BY CHILDREN UNDER 12. THIS ITEM PRESENTS A CHOKING HAZARD DUE TO SMALL PARTS AND SHARP-EDGED COMPONENTS. HANDLE WITH CARE AND FULLY FOLLOW ALL ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS. CRYSTAL FORTRESS PRODUCTS, ACCESSORIES AND PARTS SHOULD NOT BE RE-FABRICATED, MODIFIED OR ALTERED. DOING SO WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND MAY CREATE DUST WHICH COULD BE HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH. CRYSTAL FORTRESS® IS A MODULAR DISPLAY CASE SYSTEM DESIGNED FOR COLLECTORS TO DISPLAY AND STORE MINIATURES AND SMALL LIGHTWEIGHT GAMING COMPONENTS ONLY. OTHER ITEMS SHOULD NOT BE STORED IN CRYSTAL FORTRESS® PRODUCTS INCLUDING HARDWARE OR SMALL PARTS FOR CHILDREN’S TOYS. DO NOT STACK CRYSTAL FORTRESS® PRODUCTS GREATER THAN 17.5 INCHES HIGH. JRI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY GOODS DAMAGED WHILE STORED IN A CRYSTAL FORTRESS® PRODUCT. THIS PRODUCT MAY EXPOSE YOU TO CHEMICALS, WHICH ARE KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER, AND BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM. FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO WWW.P65WARNING.CA.GOV.
Choose Cases for the best protection & the most options for your Crystal Fortress®.
Choose Covers for our Tournament Play option, which allows players quick and easy access to their miniatures.Display Cases
Layout Layers protect your miniatures paint job by perfectly spacing them out, which prevents scratching & chipping.Tournament Play
Be sure to print out our Miniature Base Size Checklist from the Size Guide to check and see if your miniatures base will fit our Layout Layers.
As long as you can see the printed black line around the edge of your miniatures base, you are set! We have built in tolerances that allow for some wiggle room.
If your model completely covers the black line, it may be very tight, or not fit our Layout Layers.Size Guide
• Sixteen (16) - 25mm round base Recommended Game System • Warhammer 40K / 30K / Age of Sigmar • Shadespire / Kill Teams • InfinityView full product details
• Sixteen (16) - 25mm round base Recommended Game System • Warhammer 40K / 30K / Age of Sigmar • Shadespire / Kill Teams • Kingdom Death • Warmachine / Hordes • Shadows of BrimstoneView full product details
• Five (5) - 40mm round base Recommended Game System • Warhammer 40K / 30K / Age of Sigmar • Shadespire / Kill Teams • Warmachine / Hordes • Adeptus Titanicus • Infinity • Shadows of BrimstoneView full product details
These fit into the cases lile a dream, and make it possible for me to transport the infantry. Perfect for things like the new Necron Warriors, and Primaris troops. You can fit 4 squads of 5 men, or 2 squads of ten, or mix in a complete mix and match. They are surprisingly durable and they make the cases look so much better by being able to organise your miniatures. Also, after lots of shopping around I haven't seen anything like this before.
I was drawn to Crystal Fortress some years back when they were just getting started because they provided clean looking products, and this remains true today. In the case of the layout layer, it was exactly as I had expected. The protective adhesive came off with relative ease. I preferred a little bit of difficulty getting the adhesive off because it was a sign of determination to ensure the product arrived free of scratches despite all odds. All my minis fit neatly in the designated slots. I'm very eager to order up the magnetic strip and magnets soon to ensure everything remains stable!
Used two hold two 10 model units of Sylvaneth dryds. Looks great with the rest of the display as they're all uniform.
Keeps my minis perfectly organized and with the magnet add-on I know they are secure as well.
When using these for transporting your army for play, you should care about two things--A) when I put the lid back on, am I going to crush a mini, and B) how much positioning will I be stuck doing to get everything back in the box? The Primaris range has been embiggened and often have weapons overlapping the model bases. I expected to have to turn models a certain way to fit everything in, but in practice, you just point models inward and rotate the occasional model. Packing up does not take long at all.
This was the perfect edition to my 3/4 case that my girlfriend purchased for me. It holds the miniatures securely, and combined with the magnets and metal plates, keeps all of the miniatures very secure. Helps with keeping units organized too. Just now need to plan the rest of my army so that I can order more trays to hold them in!
The 32 layouts are great for my space marine squads. Two whole space marine squads of 10, perfect fit.